Rod Afshar, Duke Banerjee, Clifford Jones
Advergaming Developer's Guide: Using Macromedia Flash MX 2004 and Macromedia Director MX
The Advergaming Developers Guide teaches designers and game developersthe ins-and-outs of this innovative new form of advertising. It shows you how to create a variety of Advergames from the ground up, even if you have no prior game development experience. The book begins with a detailed overview of Advergaming, branding, gameplay, and the two main creation tools, Macromedia Flash MX 2004 and Director MX. From there youll learn how to conceptualize, develop, launch, and track the success of your Advergame. In the last part of the book, youll create your own games, including a linking, matching, puzzle, memory, pinball, makeover, arcade, and whack-the-mole type game. And finally, youll learn about the business realities of Advergames through case studies with leading companies, including Blockdot, YaYa Media, Inc., and AGENCY.COM.
This is the one resource youll need to get started with Advergames, whether youre a Flash/Director developer already involved in advertising and game creation, a game developer looking to expand your development channels, or a Web designer looking for an innovative new tool.
* Provides a detailed reference to Advergaming, including company case studies, a detailed guide to developers, and a glossary of terms
* Teaches you how to create nine, ready-to-use Advergames
* Provides insightful ways to use Advergames to channel Web surfers to your site and keep them there
* Details methods for tracking and analyzing the success of the game
* Explains how game developers can use their existing skills and tools to open this new development channel
On the CD!
* The nine games created in the book and free sample games
* On-line resources that include dozens of games and Advergame sites, industry links, and other helpful tips, tools, and techniques used by game developers around the world
* Trial versions of Macromedia Flash MX 2004 and Macromedia Director MX
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS WINDOWS: Intel Pentium III 600 MHz or higher, Windows 2000 or Windows XP, 128 MB of free available system RAM (256 MB recommended), 275 MB available disk space; MACINTOSH: Power Macintosh G3 5000 MHz or higher, Mac OS X 10.2.6 or 10.3, 128 MB or more of free available system RAM (256 MB recommended), 215 MB available disk space